- Director of Electronic Media at the University of Nevada Intercollegiate Athletics (2009-Present) – act as webmaster, produce and publish multimedia content for nevadawolfpack.com, oversee television production, direct and manage in-stadium video boards and oversee live online broadcasting sports events.
- Multimedia instructor at the University of Nevada’s Reynolds School of Journalism (2007-Present) – work with journalism students to learn basic skills in photography, photo editing, audio capture and editing, online publishing and design, and video production.
- Internship mentor for the University of Nevada’s Reynolds School of Journalism (2011-Present) – work with broadcast and visual media students to produce video content through visual storytelling.
- Master of Arts in Journalism from The University of Nevada, Reno (2006-2007) – Masters program focusing on using online interactivity to facilitate better journalism. We built a website that housed projects and ran some original stories in an effort to engage the public at Lake Tahoe. The program won an award for innovation in 2007.
- Bachelor of General Studies from The University of Nevada, Reno (1993-2004) – I started as a traditional student and lightened my class load after starting a family. I worked full-time for several years until returning to school in 2001 to complete my degree.
- Web technology – I am the webmaster for NevadaWolfPack.com and work with content providers and developers to make the site go. One of the big jobs in this position is communicating between the two groups to manage expectations and keep everyone on the same page. I have served as webmaster of mrjerz.org and various iterations since 1997. I studied interactivity and worked with content management and databases in graduate school. In early 2008, I launched Traveling Nevada as part of my work for the Nevada Commission on Tourism.
- Marketing – As a member of the marketing department at Nevada Athletics, I contribute and execute strategies in website content, social media, promoting various events.
- Television production – I currently am the main producer/director for NevadaWolfPack.tv, which live streams all athletics events and press events for the Mountain West Network. I also worked in production for five years prior to graduate school, gaining experience in shooting, editing, writing, graphics, studio producton, live direction, and audio.
- Photography – I have worked as a freelance photographer for three years. I am experienced shooting live sports, portraits, products, events, and news style.
- Customer relations and management – I spent six years in a retail banking environment, working up to branch manager. I handled a staff of 15 in a sales and service setting and was also responsible for compliance with banking regulations.
- Interactive Media Manager at The Nevada Commission on Tourism in Carson City, Nevada (2007-2009)
- Freelance Photographer for Silver and Blue Outfitters (2006-2009)
- On-air Promotions Coordinator at KNPB Channel 5 in Reno, Nevada (2001-2006).
- Branch Manager at Wells Fargo in Reno, Nevada (1995-2001).
Honors and Awards
- Current member of the City of Reno Technology and Innovation Committee.
- Had a photo selected as the cover for the 80th Anniversary edition of Nevada Lawyer.
- Have had several photos run in Nevada Magazine.
- Have had several photos run in Nevada Silver and Blue.
- Have Spoken multiple times to local business groups in Reno, Nevada about emerging web technologies and social media.