- Coordinator, Statewide Audio/Visual at the University of Nevada School of Medicine (2014-Present) – I provide support to classroom and conference room equipment, act as project manager and consultant for learning technology upgrades, conduct the technical side of live events, broadcast events over the internet, and manage a team of three people.
- Master of Arts in Journalism from The University of Nevada, Reno (2006-2007) – Masters program focusing on using online interactivity to facilitate better journalism. We built a website that housed projects and ran some original stories in an effort to engage the public at Lake Tahoe. The program won an award for innovation in 2007.
- Bachelor of General Studies from The University of Nevada, Reno (1993-2004) – I started as a traditional student and lightened my class load after starting a family. I worked full-time for several years until returning to school in 2001 to complete my degree.
- Classroom technology - I manage projects throughout the School of Medicine to upgrade existing equipment and add new equipment where it didn’t exist before. This includes researching new technologies and understanding existing technologies, training and maintenance.
- Web technology – I served as the webmaster for NevadaWolfPack.com and worked with content providers and developers to make the site go. One of the big jobs in this position was communicating between the two groups to manage expectations and keep everyone on the same page. I have served as webmaster of mrjerz.org and ryanjerz.com since 1997. I studied interactivity and worked with content management and databases in graduate school. In early 2008, I launched Traveling Nevada as part of my work for the Nevada Commission on Tourism.
- Marketing – As a member of the marketing department at Nevada Athletics, I contributed and executed strategies in website content, social media, promoting various events.
- Television production – I currently produce up to ten live streaming events per year for the School of Medicine and previously acted as the main producer/director for NevadaWolfPack.tv, which live streams all athletics events and press events for the Mountain West Network. I also worked in production for five years prior to graduate school, gaining experience in shooting, editing, writing, graphics, studio production, live direction, and audio.
- Photography – I worked as a freelance photographer for three years. I am experienced shooting live sports, portraits, products, events, and news style.
- Customer relations and management – I currently manage two employees that act as technicians in the A/V field. I previously spent six years in a retail banking environment, working up to branch manager. I handled a staff of 15 in a sales and service setting and was also responsible for compliance with banking regulations.
- Director of Electronic Media at the University of Nevada Intercollegiate Athletics (2009-2014)
- Multimedia instructor at the University of Nevada’s Reynolds School of Journalism (2007-2014)
- Internship mentor for the University of Nevada’s Reynolds School of Journalism (2011-2014)
- Interactive Media Manager at The Nevada Commission on Tourism in Carson City, Nevada (2007-2009)
- Freelance Photographer for Silver and Blue Outfitters (2006-2009)
- On-air Promotions Coordinator at KNPB Channel 5 in Reno, Nevada (2001-2006).
- Branch Manager at Wells Fargo in Reno, Nevada (1995-2001).
Honors and Awards
- Successful mountaineering ascents of Mount Whitney, Mount Rainier and Boundary Peak (NV, winter), among other mountains.
- Had a photo selected as the cover for the 80th Anniversary edition of Nevada Lawyer.
- Have had several photos run in Nevada Magazine.
- Have had several photos run in Nevada Silver and Blue.
- Have Spoken multiple times to local business groups in Reno, Nevada about emerging web technologies and social media.